Anybody know Ron Anderson?

Last post 04-02-2007 7:20 PM by barkerz. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Topic Next Topic
  • 04-02-2007 7:20 PM

Anybody know Ron Anderson?

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here knows the horse trainer Ron Anderson, or has heard of him. I guess he's a famous horse trainer in Alberta (Canada). I think he's somewhere around Calgary, too. I'm just wondering if he's any good, and what he specializes in and all that stuff. He trained Tonto Wink
  • 04-02-2007 7:30 PM In reply to

Re: Anybody know Ron Anderson?

I have no idea what kind of trainer he is, but I've seen him a few times as an announcer/commentator at Spruce Meadow's for the Battle of the Breeds, as well as at the Select Quarter Horse Sale in Edmonton at the Canadian Finals Rodeo.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I did find this:

Ron Anderson
    Box 7 Site 23 RR 7, Calgary, AB T2P 2G7
    (403) 249-8215
    -Christine and Nova
  • 04-02-2007 7:33 PM In reply to

Ron Anderson is a very entertaining announcer, hired for alot of shows like reining or cutting, ect, and also to read pedigrees at auction sales. I can't say I know what his training skills are like with horses although he seems to get some results on the ARCHA. Oh and he was horseperson of the year a few years ago according to Northern Horse Review.
  • 04-02-2007 8:54 PM In reply to

I can see his place from my front door, lol. Saying that, I don't know him overly well, he has shown up at a few community functions and gymkhanas. He also writes an article for the Horses All paper. He's a nice guy, but I am not terribly into western so I wouldn't really know a whole lot more. Maybe I should invite him over for coffee and interogate him...just a thought:D

~Keara and Traveller
  • 04-02-2007 10:39 PM In reply to

I've sent some horses to the trainer that lived next to him when he was over in Springbank - he's since moved from there, hasn't he?

He's hilarious. I've shown and scribed at shows where he is the announcer. He makes chicken noises at the judges (and scribed) over the walkies if we flinch when a particularly out of control reiner veers in our direction. Shocked Smile Smirk

He's the only cowboy type I know that wears his high heeled orange upper boots on the outside of his jeans and drives a red volvo bug. ROFL
  • 04-03-2007 5:42 PM In reply to

Stick out tounge Oh... Well, better to have somebody nice train your horse than somebody completely unheard-of or rude, right? Wink
  • 04-03-2007 5:45 PM In reply to

Quote:

I can see his place from my front door, lol. Saying that, I don't know him overly well, he has shown up at a few community functions and gymkhanas. He also writes an article for the Horses All paper. He's a nice guy, but I am not terribly into western so I wouldn't really know a whole lot more. Maybe I should invite him over for coffee and interogate him...just a thought:D

If you did talk to him, ask him if he remembers a "Chomper". APHA overo, chestnut... four white stockings... Most likely trained 5-6 years ago, but I'm not sure. If he does know this horse, then I might call him just to find out more about Tonto. (Tonto's name back then was Chomper, just to clarify... I don't know who changed it, but the breeder has told me that it was Chomper when she sent him to Ron to be trained!
  • 04-03-2007 11:26 PM In reply to

For sure. I also have his e-mail around here somewhere if you want it.

~Keara and Traveller
  • 04-04-2007 5:28 PM In reply to

Sure, that would make things a bit less complicated! I'll PM you...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Featured Offers
  • Save 10% on the Best Selection of Books and DVDs Online at HorseBooksEtc.com.
  • Receive $5 off your next purchase of Safe-Guard Power-Dose
  • 100% All Natural Wunder Hoof is a Quick, Easy and Affordable way to a Strong Healthy Hoof; Build Thicker Walls & Improve Hoof Condition.
  • Keeping your horse's hindgut healthy can be a challenge, learn about Proviable-EQ a new product from the Makers of Cosequin.
  • Steadfast Equine - a uniquely different joint supplement. Visit www.arenus.com to see the benefits of a more complete joint health supplement plan.