Real riding jeans for women

Last post 05-19-2013 5:56 AM by walbarbsa. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Topic Next Topic
  • 02-22-2010 1:19 PM In reply to

Re: Real riding jeans for women

This is why I love the internet! That's great information and I just checked out their site. I couldn't get information on cost, but I emailed Dawn and I also mentioned to her that they need to have a booth at the Midwest Horse Fair in Madison, Wisconsin.

Thanks so much for the tip!

P.S. Maybe you should learn how to massage your animals (I know it's not the same thing)!
  • 02-23-2010 11:40 AM In reply to

Anne W:
    P.S. Maybe you should learn how to massage your animals (I know it's not the same thing)!
    except I think a session with a trained chiro is less than the tuition for the massage school, and you're right it's not the same.
  • 02-23-2010 2:39 PM In reply to

txspots:

Anne W:

except I think a session with a trained chiro is less than the tuition for the massage school, and you're right it's not the same.

I did learn enough "T-Touch" years ago to give The Boys "feel good" massages, but one of them was literally pushed thru the fence by someone or something and was all out of kilter diagonally from his right jaw to his left butt. 

Even though the general public wouldn't recognize something was wrong, I did and knew he needed help from an expert.  He was bad enough that the chiro is coming back this Thurs to check on himInsert smiley

• 02-24-2010 11:19 AM In reply to

good for you for catching that walkin - not every owner would

• 04-23-2010 3:29 PM In reply to

Until just three weeks ago I was working in a western retail store. Have you tried the Wrangler Q Baby, Cash, or Jet jeans? They are all designed for the rider, but also are cute and practical. They come in a mid rise (about 1/2 inch below belly button) are a boot cut leg and some offer a "kick slit" on the bottom outside hem to better fit over boots. I personally wear them (im 19 and slender but with curves), but they wear well (and look good) on any age group of women, and believe me, I sold a LOT of them! I personally like the Cash, they are 100% cotton with no stretch. But the Q Baby and Jet have stretch if you like that, and what is called a "no gap" waistband so you dont get that "pooch" in the small of your back. And they fit even better when your in the saddle. I HIGHLY recommend them for any size/age rider.

• 04-26-2010 8:16 AM In reply to

paint_horse_milo:

Until just three weeks ago I was working in a western retail store. Have you tried the Wrangler Q Baby, Cash, or Jet jeans? They are all designed for the rider, but also are cute and practical. They come in a mid rise (about 1/2 inch below belly button) are a boot cut leg and some offer a "kick slit" on the bottom outside hem to better fit over boots. I personally wear them (im 19 and slender but with curves), but they wear well (and look good) on any age group of women, and believe me, I sold a LOT of them! I personally like the Cash, they are 100% cotton with no stretch. But the Q Baby and Jet have stretch if you like that, and what is called a "no gap" waistband so you dont get that "pooch" in the small of your back. And they fit even better when your in the saddle. I HIGHLY recommend them for any size/age rider.

see my original post of june 25th
  • 05-28-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

I am only 23 but I don't like the low ride jeans when riding either.  Try a pair of Wrangler Aurora's.  They fit a little higher up on the waist and are very comfy to ride in.
  • 02-13-2011 5:58 AM In reply to

I am in total agreement, and am happy to see your post. I am 52 and don't have the figure I had as a teenager. The low rise jeans cut into my stomach and they look terrible (muffin top)! I spent the last three years designing four styles of trail riding jeans for real people, like me! I am just launching my line, so with any luck you will see my jeans in stores and catalogs soon. I designed my jeans with excellent quality four way stretch denim, all the styles have a built in cell phone pocket (in case I become seperated from my horse, I want my phone on me, not on the saddle). Two styles have full seat leather and two have leather from above the inner knee down to the ankle... like a built in half chap. My legs and seat need the extra stick at this point!I I just got my first shipment from the factory of the finalized design and I love them, they are so comfortable and flattering, even on me! I'll attach a picture that I posted on on facebook. I'd love to hear your feedback on them.

Here are some of the features I incorporated that I felt were "must have's" in a riding jeans... stirrups so they don't ride up, cell phone pocket, wide covered elastic waistband, sits just below the waist, 4 way stretch denim that is a good weight for any season, heavy duty thread, full seat leather or from the knee down, bootcut that can fit over cowboy boots or paddock boots and no inner seam - so no chafing! The thing is, by the time I was done adding in all my must have's they were expensive to produce. In other words, to make a fine quality product is not cheap. But I made a product that I will use!

By the way, I weigh 160 pounds, I am thrilled at how good these look. Here's the picture...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/?act=62278725#!/photo.php?fbid=191110200907175&set=a.191109880907207.46197.190966997588162&theater

• 02-13-2011 10:40 PM In reply to

those jeans do look pretty good miss trail riders jeans.  congratulations on your ingenuity.  look forward to seeing them on the market

Gailforce -- Another old lady rediscovering her inner cowgirl.
  • 03-23-2011 6:21 PM In reply to

I wear Cowgirl Tuff jeans I love to ride in them. They are comfy, great to ride in, and just gorgeous jeans! I would recommend them to anyone wanting fashionable riding jeans!

• 03-23-2011 10:52 PM In reply to

okay, i gotta admit -- i wear yoga pants!  and then i wear ankle height boots and half chaps that go up to my knees -------- can you say comfort!!!!!!!

and i have been asked where i bought my riding pants, so, they don't look stupid ----- i swear.

and, they only cost 12 or 15 bucks at places like wal mart. 

they don't rip apart at all.  i just unloaded 45 bales of hay in a pair and they'll look the same after a wash..... probably their 50th washing.

-- gail

Gailforce -- Another old lady rediscovering her inner cowgirl.
  • 03-24-2011 7:08 AM In reply to

I'm laughing, because I too have ridden in yoga pants in the past - they are comfortable! I wouldn't be caught going to town in them though. 

I am designing a website for my jeans, it is in the beginning stages but it's a start!Here's the address...

http://www.trailridersjeans.com

Happy trails!

Leslei

• 07-16-2011 12:36 AM In reply to

Hello! I cant seem to get the picture on facebook! I wwould really like to see those pants!!

my e-mail is twlightpony@yahoo.com

thanks ! Patsy

• 05-19-2013 5:56 AM In reply to

I'm a "curvy" woman and I've just sent my third pair of riding jeans back because they don't cover much of anything.  I'm so frustrated with shopping.  I, too, ride Western in English pants with English paddock boots and chaps.  It's the ONLY thing that works for me.  And now that I'm doing ACTHA, I probably look pretty silly with my Western tacked up horse and the rider with English tights.  Don't get me wrong the Aura jeans are great for chores but they chafe in the saddle.  I'll keep on looking ~sigh~

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Featured Offers
  • Save 10% on the Best Selection of Books and DVDs Online at HorseBooksEtc.com.
  • Receive $5 off your next purchase of Safe-Guard Power-Dose
  • 100% All Natural Wunder Hoof is a Quick, Easy and Affordable way to a Strong Healthy Hoof; Build Thicker Walls & Improve Hoof Condition.
  • Keeping your horse's hindgut healthy can be a challenge, learn about Proviable-EQ a new product from the Makers of Cosequin.
  • Steadfast Equine - a uniquely different joint supplement. Visit www.arenus.com to see the benefits of a more complete joint health supplement plan.