Prascend now FDA approved as cushings drug

Last post 11-18-2011 7:55 PM by 48northfarm. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Topic Next Topic
  • 11-18-2011 11:13 AM

Prascend now FDA approved as cushings drug

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm280401.htm

This is for cushings only, not horses with insulin resistance or Equine Metabolic Syndrome.

• 11-18-2011 1:42 PM In reply to

Re: Prascend now FDA approved as cushings drug

Great!! None of my girls have Cushing's--yet--but it's very good news that a medicine is available for it now.
    Megan

"The horse you get off is not the horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better."

Anonymous

• 11-18-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

WTW, Do you know how this is different from Pergolide? I'm currently helping rehab a 21 year old Mustang mare who foundered due to Cushings. She's currently on Pergolide, Bute, and a chasteberry supplement. Would this new drug be different (better?) than the Pergolide???

• 11-18-2011 7:55 PM In reply to

Prascend is pergolide mesylate. That must be some kind of derivative of pergolide, if not pergolide itself. I seem to recall some discussion of Pergolide being banned for horse use. Is this just Pergolide finally getting approved for horses, with a different name?
    Megan

"The horse you get off is not the horse you got on. It is your job as a rider to ensure that as often as possible, the change is for the better."

Anonymous

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Featured Offers
  • Save 10% on the Best Selection of Books and DVDs Online at HorseBooksEtc.com.
  • Receive $5 off your next purchase of Safe-Guard Power-Dose
  • 100% All Natural Wunder Hoof is a Quick, Easy and Affordable way to a Strong Healthy Hoof; Build Thicker Walls & Improve Hoof Condition.
  • Keeping your horse's hindgut healthy can be a challenge, learn about Proviable-EQ a new product from the Makers of Cosequin.
  • Steadfast Equine - a uniquely different joint supplement. Visit www.arenus.com to see the benefits of a more complete joint health supplement plan.