Western saddle help

Last post 12-29-2011 2:50 PM by Tonyfair. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Topic Next Topic
  • 12-27-2011 1:37 PM

Western saddle help

I am about to purchase my first western saddle, as I've always ridden english except for when I was 12.  (that's been quite a white).  I want to go economical for now until I learn more about western and until I know how often I'll be trail riding.  I want to take my daughter trail riding and she just got her first western saddle as well.  I found a local used one for $175 and I found one on ebay for $175 new.  So, can anyone tell me which one they would go with if you had to choose between the two??  Here is a link to one of them in my photo gallery, and the other one is right next to it.

http://forum.equisearch.com/photos/hh5131/picture357697.aspx

• 12-28-2011 1:11 PM In reply to

Re: Western saddle help

I don't advise buying online, I don't know, I just never liked the fact you didn't really get to see the saddle in person. If I was you, I would go with the one I actually got to see for myself, looked it over, and fitted to my horse. Maybe you can see if you can fit it to your horse before you buy it? Of the two saddles, I liked saddle number one. It wasn't glittery, and it seemed to be more fit for trail riding. Saddle number two seemed more of a show saddle to me, which is good if you plan on doing Western Pleasure or something. But for trail riding, I would definitly go with saddle number one. Do what you are comfortable with, and I hope you get a great saddle that you and your horse like!

:)

Where my horse is my heart is.

• 12-29-2011 2:50 PM In reply to

Re: Western saddle help

I would go with #1 A new one on line for that price will be a cheap one. Don't ever buy a Royal king.

They are made in India

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Featured Offers
  • Save 10% on the Best Selection of Books and DVDs Online at HorseBooksEtc.com.
  • Receive $5 off your next purchase of Safe-Guard Power-Dose
  • 100% All Natural Wunder Hoof is a Quick, Easy and Affordable way to a Strong Healthy Hoof; Build Thicker Walls & Improve Hoof Condition.
  • Keeping your horse's hindgut healthy can be a challenge, learn about Proviable-EQ a new product from the Makers of Cosequin.
  • Steadfast Equine - a uniquely different joint supplement. Visit www.arenus.com to see the benefits of a more complete joint health supplement plan.