Tack Stores in Germany??

Last post 11-22-2007 9:06 PM by Wisteria1. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Topic Next Topic
  • 07-22-2007 7:27 AM

Tack Stores in Germany??

Does anyone know of any tack stores in Germany that are online or does anyone have any connections to bring tack over from Germany? Has anyone ever had any tack shipped from Europe?

Please check out our clubs newest forum devoted strictly to the sport of dressage. The more members the merrier!
    www.forum.northatlanticdressage.com
  • 07-22-2007 7:22 PM In reply to

Re: Tack Stores in Germany??

What do you need from Germany? I was just kidding about those barefoot German virgins....I don't think you can ship them air freight. Wink

Solaris -- 16 hh Appendix Quarter Horse = MY DREAM COME TRUE!
    We Are Flying Solo
  • 07-22-2007 7:43 PM In reply to

Hi,
    I work with a friend (she rides too) in Frankfurt alot, I'll check with her and get back to you. For bringing tack back in (importing) be prepared for taxes and duties. Use a good shipping agent for residential delivery here in the states. There is also the web site by the cenuses bureau that you can check for your harmonized tariff code . After having the the HTS number you would be able to look at what the duties and taxes will be (percentage wise) for the item you are importing.
    Thanks
    Bluey
    The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.
    ~ Arabian proverb
  • 07-23-2007 7:07 AM In reply to

LMAO!!!! I needed that laugh this morning. Grin Grin

Please check out our clubs newest forum devoted strictly to the sport of dressage. The more members the merrier!
  • 07-23-2007 7:10 AM In reply to

Thanks Bluey!

I am looking for a 17.5-18", Hopfner Dressage saddle. Medium wide to wide tree. I've searched all over Canada and the USA and a 17" is the biggest and I can find. I desperately want one of these saddles. My coach has one and I fell in love with it. They are so hard to come by. I was hoping to find a used one if the price was right. I'm considering a Passier GG or Optimum if I can't afford to import a Hopfner.

Thanks for all your help!

• 07-23-2007 8:22 AM In reply to

hi,
    my parents live in germany and they send me tack all the time. they send it as a normal parcel and it gets here within like 2 weeks. they probbaly wouldn't have a problem sending the saddle...they are sure used tp that...haha...let me know...
  • 07-23-2007 12:28 PM In reply to

K Girl! Do you think they might be able to have a look around for me for the type of saddle? I'm not even sure how accessible they are there, just that they are made in Germany. I thought that there might be more used ones around. **fingers crossed**!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

• 07-23-2007 12:36 PM In reply to

• 11-22-2007 9:06 PM In reply to

Hi 4x4

I don't know if you received my e-mail (I just joined so I don't know if I sent correctly) but I have the exact saddle you are looking for. It is a black Hopfner dressage saddle, 17.5", medium width and it is the Ahlerich model. I rode in it for about 4 years and it is in excellent condition. I can e-mail you a picture if you are interested. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Featured Offers
  • Save 10% on the Best Selection of Books and DVDs Online at HorseBooksEtc.com.
  • Receive $5 off your next purchase of Safe-Guard Power-Dose
  • 100% All Natural Wunder Hoof is a Quick, Easy and Affordable way to a Strong Healthy Hoof; Build Thicker Walls & Improve Hoof Condition.
  • Keeping your horse's hindgut healthy can be a challenge, learn about Proviable-EQ a new product from the Makers of Cosequin.
  • Steadfast Equine - a uniquely different joint supplement. Visit www.arenus.com to see the benefits of a more complete joint health supplement plan.