Making Hot Cocoa in a Coffee Maker

Last post 09-02-2006 10:48 PM by missamandarose. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Topic Next Topic
  • 09-02-2006 10:48 PM

Making Hot Cocoa in a Coffee Maker

Can you make hot chocolate in a coffee maker? I like to have my hot chocolate in the morning, but it takes to much time to make it (hey, 5 minutes is VERY valuable time when I am getting ready for school), so having the coffee maker make my hot chocolate for me Grin

I have a Mr. Coffee. I was thinking of putting the hot chocolate mix in the container and just having the water come down for the set time. Can I do that? lol
  • 09-02-2006 10:57 PM In reply to

Re: Making Hot Cocoa in a Coffee Maker

Try it! Or you can just run it through to heat up the water, and mix the powder in yourself.
  • 09-02-2006 11:33 PM In reply to

HAHA! my mom and I tryed to make Cofee and hotcoco together in the coffee pot and it all formed into one big "blob" Of Coffe grounds and coco mix Stick out tounge (didnt work) but i guess if you had a really good cofee maker im sure it will be fine Grin

ETA:
    i just re-read it and ya it should be okay, Just Put in the amount of water you want to mix the coco with Grin hehe sorry Stick out tounge
  • 09-02-2006 11:39 PM In reply to

We use a coffee maker to make our hot chocolate for the winter star parties.
    However, we just use the coffee maker to heat the water and keep it hot. Then when someone wants hot chocolate they can pour some water in a cup and add the mix. Works out well.
  • 09-03-2006 10:50 AM In reply to

I can't see why that wouldnt work... just put the mix in the pot, fill the reservoir with water the night before and set the timer. You might want to consider putting a filter (empty of course) in the basket anyway. The filter kinda regulates the flow of the water into the pot, and Id hate for you to get to the kitchen in the morning thinking you are going to have a nice hot cup of cocoa, and instead having water all over your counter and floor. That wouldnt save you time at all!

See Spot Jump with missamandarose up.
    USEA Area 3 Intro to Eventing Clinic Feb 2008
    No one rocks a party like my Grannie's tea par-tay!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Featured Offers
  • Save 10% on the Best Selection of Books and DVDs Online at HorseBooksEtc.com.
  • Receive $5 off your next purchase of Safe-Guard Power-Dose
  • 100% All Natural Wunder Hoof is a Quick, Easy and Affordable way to a Strong Healthy Hoof; Build Thicker Walls & Improve Hoof Condition.
  • Keeping your horse's hindgut healthy can be a challenge, learn about Proviable-EQ a new product from the Makers of Cosequin.
  • Steadfast Equine - a uniquely different joint supplement. Visit www.arenus.com to see the benefits of a more complete joint health supplement plan.